Wednesday 23 July 2014

The Summer Holidays are upon us.... THIS is our summer survival guide....


It seems I have been awaiting this glorious few weeks all year...no crazy morning school runs, no broken afternoon pick-ups, no uniform to get ready, no lunchbox to pack. Instead... actually getting to spend ALL day with my eldest son, free of time-restraints, connected relationship building time, shared meals, casually long walks outside, shared hobbies, family craft time, day trips, home learning, lots and lots and lots of cuddles... all my dreams and fantasies of being the stay-at-home-mummy I am!

So I'm sitting here waiting for this golden time of the summer to dawn, AND HERE IT IS! He had his first day off today, what are we doing? Where's my planner? Boy he talks a lot.... Its only 14:49 but feels like it should be 18:49 lol!! 

In all actuality we did do *something* today, we started on our local libraries summer reading challenge ...more about that later. And we ticked off everything on my summer daily-to-do list, which is what I want to share with you all now...






(excuse my haphazard version which I drew up shortly after waking this morning.) Please find an updated, printable one, which you can add to/change to suit your own needs here....

I plan to laminate this and stick it up on my fridge each day as my go-to Boredom Buster, because with SO many things that the three of us want to do each day, it will be easy to miss out on the things we would actually find satisfying to do, things that will feed both our imagination and intellect.


Furthermore we have also decided to theme each week of the holidays with a "topic" to learn about, craft on, theme food around (where possible), role-play and generally to focus on as an inspiration for the week. In all fairness I did not choose the topics for my two naturally creative children, rather we did a paper in jar lottery to choose these themes which will engage us all at different levels. I plan to blog post on these themes throughout the summer in hope to share our ideas/experiences and inspire creativity to crush out boredom for all of my readers along the way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment